Report This Page
If you think that the content on this page this page contravenes our Terms & Conditions please let us know and we will take a look.
Mick Knejp - Tennis Player
Date of birth - 12 July 2010
Hand Used - Right handed
Height - 150cm
Racket - Yonex
Clothing - Nike
Shoes - Nike
Any Sponsors - Yonex and Nike
Favourite Player - Roger Federer
Career Aspirations - Winning a Grand Slam
Favourite Tournament - SALK Open
Best Surface - Hard court
Best Win - BD10 SALK Open January 2020, BS10 Holmen Paper Cup July 2020, BS12 Tullingespelen October 2020
Goals for the coming year - Winning Next Generation BS11 in Båstad in July 2021 and winning my first matches at a Tennis Europe BS12 tournament in the autumn 2021
Aims & Goals
- Winning a Grand Slam in tennis.
- Victory Tullingespelen 2020 in BS12
- Victory Holmen Paper Cup 2020 in BS10
- Victory SALK-Open 2020 in BD10
- Training with Rick Leach, former world rank #1 in double
- Training with Kent Carlsson, former world rank #6 in single
- Winning Club championship BS12 2020
- Easter 2020 trainingcamp in Båstad
Education & Rankings:
- I’m going in the fourth grade in school and so far I’m doing better than average. Beside tennis, education is important to me.
- There is no official rankings in my age, but I am confident that I’m among the top 3 players in Sweden in my age
I started at the Tullinge Tennis Club I the south of Stockholm in the fall 2018. That was the first time I saw Mick, who was 8 years old at the time. In the fall 2018 I coached Mike 1 hour once a in a week in a group. I also played with him individually every second week. I remember that I was often impressed when I saw Mike and his father, Jakob, in the hall playing by themselves. In March 2019, I started working with Mick more on weekends, and also had the opportunity to watch him in a competition in Danderyd. Mick has often had the opportunity to play in exhibition matches against older players, and then be given one or two things t focus on during these matches. Despite his young age, Mike has proven that he has great mental skills, and an amazing attitude towards match playing and training. Also, at setbacks, he has not allowed himself to be down for long. Instead, he has always turned up the next day, boosted with energy. In all my years as a coach, I have never seen a 10-year-old who has mastered all the shots of tennis like Mick. Outside of the tennis court, Mick is a very modest person, he is a great friend. Mike also likes other sports, like soccer and ice hockey. Besides tennis, he also does swimming training, and is very good at that too. Mick also likes to go to restaurants and cafés.